Dr. Ammar Omanovic
Dr. Ammar Omanovic
Consultant Internal Medicine and Specialist of Cardiology
Dr. Ammar Omanovic is a German board-certified consultant in internal medicine and a specialist in cardiology.
He graduated from the University of Sarajevo in Bosnia and Herzegovina 2010. After graduation he worked in the German Hospital in Albstadt, where he became German Board certified as Specialist in Internal medicine and Cardiology.
Working as a senior physician he was the Clinical Lead of the endoscopy unit and sonography lab in the Colorectal Cancer Center in Germany, ensuring the treatment of patients at the highest medical level. He was providing annually over 800 endoscopy procedures (gastroscopy and colonoscopy).
As a passionate sonographer with expertise in contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) and extensive experience in internal medicine, he offers a holistic treatment approach to his patients.
As a cardiologist, he shows a special interest in non-invasive and preventive medicine. He is especially interested in rhythmology and is regularly engaged in pacemaker and defibrillator implantations and interrogations. He is extensive trained in echocardiography and 3D transesopageal echocardiography.
Areas of Expertise Internal Medicine:
- Bowel Cancer Screening.
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract like: Reflux , Gastritis , irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, Helicobacter pylori infections, Peptic ulcer disease, Appendicitis, Diverticulitis, Fatty liver disease, Liver tumors, Gall Bladder Diseases, Pancreas diseases
- Thyroid disorders
- Metabolic Disorders of glucose (Diabetes) and lipid metabolism
- Disorders related to various Vitamins and supplements deficiencies like Iron, Vitamin D, B12 , folic acid
- Chronic lung diseases like asthma and COPD
Areas of Expertise Cardiology:
- Stress Echocardiography
- Transesophageal Echocardiography incl. 3D (at our affiliated location)
- Cardioversion (at our affiliated location)
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test (CPET)
Areas of Expertise Vascular Medicine:
Internal Medicine Skills:
- Colonoscopy (at our affiliated location)
- Gastroscopy (at our affiliated location)
- Sonography (Abdomen and Thyroid)
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound
- Abdominal Aorta ultrasound
- Peripheral vascular ultrasound
- Thoracocentesis and chest drain insertion (at our affiliated location)
- Ultrasound-guided Liver biopsies (at our affiliated location)
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy insertion (at our affiliated location)