Giving your child’s heart- more life
Hearing from your doctor that your child has a congenital heart defect is tough. That’s when our pediatric cardiologist in Dubai comes into the role and helps ease your child’s heart condition with proper diagnosis and treatment.
Who are Pediatric cardiologists?
If your pediatrician has a question or suspicion about your child’s heart, then he/ she may refer your child to a pediatric cardiologist.
Pediatric cardiologists are uniquely trained specialists to diagnose and treat heart problems in children, including structural abnormalities and issues with the heart’s electrical system.
In cases where pediatric cardiac surgery is necessary, pediatric cardiologists work closely with pediatric heart surgeons and determine the best possible course of action.
Pediatric cardiologists are highly trained and skilled in providing the necessary heart care treatment to children. Our specialized pediatric cardiologists are certified and have the vivid experience necessary to diagnose and treat heart conditions in children, including those related to the heart’s structure and rhythm.
Dr. Jörg Müller-Scholtz
What special skills do our pediatric cardiologists focus on?
Our pediatric cardiologists in Dubai are skilled in diagnosing and treating heart conditions using the following diagnostic methods and treatment modules.
- Studying advanced imaging methods such as CT scans, MRI, and heart ultrasounds
- Heart catheterization- a procedure to examine the heart’s functioning
- Electrophysiology or EP- An electrical system to gauze the heart’s health
- Heart transplant
- Providing the necessary care to children in the care unit of the cardiac ICU
Some critical heart abnormalities treated by our pediatric cardiologists in Dubai
Our pediatric cardiologists in Dubai diagnose, treat, and manage the following types of heart problems in children include
- Holes in heart chambers– It is a congenital heart disease where the valves that allow blood to pour into the heart chambers have certain abnormalities or valve problems and abnormal blood vessels.
- Arrhythmias– it is a condition when the child has abnormal heart rhythms caused by fluctuation in the electrical system that controls the heartbeat.
Why would you need to see a pediatric cardiologist?
Here are some common reasons a child may need to see a pediatric cardiologist:
- Congenital heart defects: These are heart problems that a child is born with. These defects range from mild to severe and might require immediate medical attention or surgery.
- Heart murmurs: These are abnormal sounds heard when the pediatric cardiologist examines a child’s heart.
- Chest pain or discomfort: Children may experience chest pain or discomfort caused by various factors, including heart-related conditions. A pediatric cardiologist evaluates the child’s condition and performs necessary tests to determine the cause.
- High blood pressure: Children can develop high blood pressure, leading to heart and other health problems. A pediatric cardiologist can diagnose and manage high blood pressure in children.
- Irregular heartbeat: An abnormal heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, can signify a heart problem. A pediatric cardiologist can evaluate the child and provide appropriate treatment.
- Family history of heart disease: Children with a family history of heart disease may be at a higher risk for developing heart problems. A pediatric cardiologist can evaluate the child and provide recommendations for monitoring and managing their heart health.
You may also need to see a pediatric cardiologist in Dubai for the following reasons.
- Sports clearance: Children participating in sports may need a cardiac evaluation to ensure their safe participation in physical activity. A pediatric cardiologist can perform necessary tests and provide clearance for sports participation.
- Monitoring of heart conditions: Children with known heart conditions may require ongoing monitoring and management by a pediatric cardiologist to ensure their condition is stable and to adjust treatment as necessary.
Our subtle treatment approach in pediatric cardiology healthcare
Heart conditions can affect children in various ways, ranging from those they are born with to those that involve the internal system controlling their heartbeat. Pediatric cardiologists are trained to diagnose and manage various heart conditions of children, and parents with concerns about their child’s heart health can seek their services.
At our center in Dubai, we have a team of specialists and medical professionals who work with our pediatric cardiologists to provide the best possible care for children. These include pediatric cardiac surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists, neonatologists, cardiac pediatric intensivists, pediatric radiologists, pediatric nurses, nutritionists, and speech, occupational, and physical therapists.
At German Heart Centre, we prioritize accurate diagnosis and develop an individualized treatment plan based on the specific condition of each child. So, whether a child has a congenital heart defect or another heart-related condition, our team of experts is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and support to help them live healthier lives. We work tirelessly to alleviate the stress and anxiety of parents by explaining the diagnosis and treatment process and guiding them every step of the way.