The Cardiovascular soundness is not a trivial or a banal matter; Heart issues and diseases have been the no. 1 health-endangering in the UAE. In the World Cardiology Congress, held in Dubai in December 2018, it was stated that the threshold for cardiac arrests and cardiovascular disease (CVD) worldwide is 65 years, while people in the UAE are suffering from the CVD at the age of 45 and that 80 percent of deaths that occur due to CVD are preventable with early diagnosis and treatment. Professor Dr. Uwe Klima, Managing & Medical Director of German Heart Center and Thoracic Surgeon in Dubai heart clinic, advises that a cardiologist could offer help prevent heart issues or help treat them at an early stage.
What are the most common Heart issues?
From the inside of Dubai heart clinic, the most common heart issues are:
- Coronary heart disease, occurs when the blood vessels, the coronary arteries, get narrowed or blocked and can’t provide sufficient blood amount to the heart.
- Heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction, happens when the blood supply to part of the heart muscle becomes completely blocked.
- Heart failure means that the heart muscle can’t meet your body’s demand for blood and oxygen.
- Alongside with many other heart issues like Arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythms), and Heart Valve Disease.
- There are also Congenital heart conditions and Inherited heart conditions that are relevant to the structure of the heart and familial or genetic heart conditions.
How to prevent cardiovascular diseases?
There are many things you can do to reduce your chances of getting heart disease:
• Blood pressure: Follow up with any changes that occur with your blood pressure because High blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease. It is inevitable to get your blood pressure checked regularly.
• Cholesterol and Triglyceride: High cholesterol and triglyceride levels can cause arteries clogging and lead to coronary artery disease and heart attack so they need to be controlled and lowered.
• Weight, Diet, and Exercise: Healthy weight, healthy dietary, and regular exercise are the golden key to avoid obesity and high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Moreover, they strengthen your heart and improve your circulation.
• Don’t smoke: Cigarette smoking raises your blood pressure and puts you at higher risk for heart attack and stroke.
• Manage stress: It can raise your blood pressure and extreme stress can be a trigger for a heart attack.
• Manage diabetes: Having diabetes doubles your risk of diabetic heart disease.
• Make sure that you get enough sleep: If you don’t get enough sleep, you raise your risk of high blood pressure, obesity, and diabetes.