Dubai bustling life leaves a stone unturned. The more your life is busy the more you put yourself at risk and high blood pressure is coming on the top of the list. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a condition. In simple words, it is a condition, in which the pressure of the blood in the artery walls is too high. The more the strength, the higher the blood pressure is. In the case of leaving it untreated, it can and it will lead to life-threatening consequences among them coronary heart disease, heart failure, stroke, or even kidney failure.
Anyone can have or develop hypertension due to many things. Actually, high blood pressure leads the list of the most common cardiovascular diseases. Patients range from children, teens, and adults. Many patients are unaware of it because it could be described as a sleeping danger, meaning there might be a lack of warning signs.
High Blood Pressure Causes or rather say risk factors vary among them are:
- Obesity and lack of physical activity
- Alcohol over-consumption
- A history of high blood pressure in the family
- Chronic kidney disease
- Adrenal and thyroid disorders
- Sleep Apnea
- Some medicines could lead to high blood pressure indirectly, such as:
Anti-inflammatory drugs (Non-steroidal)
It makes the body retain more fluid, which could lead to a decrease in the function of the kidneys consequently, leading to high blood pressure that could develop into a high risk of having a heart attack or a stroke.
Cold and Cough Medicines
Similar to anti-inflammatory and pain relievers, Decongestants may increase blood pressure and heart rate.
Migraine Medications Headache medicines in general
High blood pressure could cause headaches, ironically headache medications and Migraine medications could contribute to the increase of blood pressure leading to strokes or heart attacks.
How to control the Causes of High Blood Pressure and its risk factors?
To avoid any unfortunate circumstances resulting from high blood pressure there are controllable factors that would help you maintain it at normal levels like:
- Medication Control: Get the advice of a doctor on the prescription, and the risk of hypertension. Especially if you have the criteria that put you at risk, (age, family history, lifestyle).
- Habits and Lifestyle: Risky alcohol consumption, lack of exercise, smoking, and a high sodium diet can put you at danger of developing heart disease.
- Health Problems: Some health problems and conditions could increase blood pressure, like Chronic Kidney Disease, Adrenal, and Thyroid disorders. A high-stress life pace can also increase the risk.
There are some other factors that you cannot control:
- Family history
The older a person gets the higher the risk of having hypertension. Moreover, it is more common in non-Hispanic black adults compared to non-Hispanic white, non-Hispanic Asians, or Hispanic adults. A family history of hypertension complications is a big risk factor that should not be ignored or underestimated.
Dubai excitements and fast-paced lifestyle could be a bit challenging for some, if you have any concerns regarding your health or your loved ones’ do not hesitate to consult a specialist. Better safe than sorry!
German Heart Centre has some of the best Cardiologists in the UAE and one of the world’s leading Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery specialists. We provide stalwart consultancies for our patients and look after their wellbeing professionally, comprehensively and passionately. Book an appointment today and get life-changing consultancies.