A visit to a consultant urologist in Dubai might seem startling, and even worrying. Many patients can get anxious because of the idea of needing an expert’s consultancy. Urologist are considered a sensitive part of the body consultants and it might be worrying to many. However, getting the opinion of a consultant urologist in Dubai could be a recommendation from the general physician to get the insight of an expert.
A urologist specializes in the urinary system, also known as the renal system or urinary tract. This specialization covers the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and the urethra for both males and females, in addition to the male reproductive system diseases and ailments. Patients may be referred to a urologist or a consultant urologist in Dubai, or any other spot around the world, if their general physician suspects they may need treatment or a consultancy of a specialist for a condition relating to the urinary system. Moreover, a urologist treats disorders related to comprehensive reproductive system conditions for men.
Ideally, before visiting a consultant, a urologist, there are certain preparations to get the best out of the visit. It is not only about being there but also to be ready with all needed documents or previous tests to make the most out of the visit. This will help the specialist assess your condition better and help you understand what to expect.
Make sure that you have all the information that you need, including but not limited to insurance card, referral and general physician referral if it would be beneficial, and the results from previous blood and urine tests, if they would be handy unless they are outdated, he will most likely as for more recent ones.
During the visit to a consultant urologist in Dubai or anywhere around the world you should, expect to:
- Being asked to provide a urine sample is a very likely event to take place.
- Make sure that you do not have an empty bladder upon arrival.
- If you face difficulty-holding urine, the urologist must be informed, as it could be a condition.
- Provide your medical history if it is needed.
- Give detailed descriptions of the symptoms experiencing.
- Share any medications you might be taking briefly or regularly.
- Answer the urologist’s questions honestly (nothing is embarrassing) to help him know when symptoms started, what worsens it or is it related to the family medical history.
- Do not feel shy about the physical exam as it is expected. The doctor concentrates on the genitourinary system, including kidneys, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and reproductive organs.
- Depending on symptoms explained previously, the urologist might ask for additional tests.
After examination, and needed tests the consultant urologist or your urologist will project the treatment plans covering medication, and any other procedures that might be required or present as an option on the table. Ask any questions that you may have related to the condition, so after the visit is over, you are fully informed.
One of German Heart Centre’s expert consultants, Dr. Noor Buchholz is an accomplished, world-renown veteran consultant urologist in Dubai. He is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced consultants with all diseases of the urinary system. Get an appointment with the best consultant urologists in Dubai and the UAE. Confidently elevate your life quality.