What is a Vascular Surgeon?
A vascular surgeon is a highly trained physician and surgeon who treats diseases of the vascular system. The vascular system includes blood vessels or the passages of the circulatory system, which are arteries carrying oxygen-rich blood and veins carrying blood back to the heart. For example, vascular surgeons work on blocked carotid arteries in the neck. They treat the problems of the aorta, which is a large main artery, after it leaves the heart and enters the abdomen. They also treat Peripheral vascular disease, which often affects the arteries in the legs and feet.
What diseases could a Vascular Surgeon treat and how does he treat them?
The main scope of specialty of a Vascular Surgeon in Dubai is Vascular diseases treatment, whether through medication or through surgery, although most of the surgeons in this very specialty prefer medication and health improvement treatment before opting for surgeries. Moreover they could as well treat:
- Aneurysm, a bulge or weak spot in an artery.
- Atherosclerosis, hardening of the arteries, where plaque builds up on artery walls.
- Carotid artery disease or peripheral artery disease (PAD), where the arteries that bring blood to your neck or limbs become narrow or blocked.
- Compression disorders like nutcracker syndrome and thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Dialysis access, or the placement of a graft or fistula that allows the reception of dialysis treatment for kidney disease.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a blood clot in a vein deep below your skin Spider veins, or small webs of veins just below the surface of the skin Trauma to arteries and veins caused by accidents or injuries.
- Varicose veins, or large, swollen, twisted veins that can cause pain or aching in your legs
- Venous ulcers and arterial and diabetic (neuropathic) wounds, which are non-healing wounds that result from poor blood flow, especially in the legs.
The best Vascular Surgery Specialist in Dubai would clarify that, understanding the condition of the patient is 80% honesty, and 100% of the treatment is life planning, exercise, and lifestyle in general. A smoker, a diabetic, or someone who has high blood pressure are high profile candidates for starting a treatment relationship with a vascular surgeon.
At German Heart Centre, Professor Dr. Uwe Klima, and Cardiac – Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon is always welcoming new opportunities to advice, consult and improve life quality for all the patients. Book an appointment today, and start living healthy and happy.